How to make Homemade Play Dough
You will need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of warm water
- 1 cup of salt
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon cream of tartar
- Food colouring
- Glitter- Silver, purple and blue
1. Mix all ingredients and stir over low heat. The dough will begin to thicken until it looks like mashed potatoes. When the dough pulls away from the sides, and clumps in the middle, take it away from heat and leave to cool, enough to handle.
2. Place the dough on a silicone mat, or on a clean counter and knead until smooth. Divide the dough into equal proportions ready for colouring.
3. Make a little well in the middle of your dough and drop some food colouring in the center. Knead the dough so the food colouring can be evenly distributed.
4. Place in airtight containers if you are not playing with it.